1. New Plymouth Coastal Walkway Wander or ride the award-wining Coastal Walkway and new Te Rewa Rewa Bridge.
2. Pouakai Tarns. Capture a unique view of Mt Taranaki and its reflection in a lake along the Pouakai Track.
3. TSB Bank Festival of the Lights Check out the lights and sights at this nationally renowned festival.
4. Climb Paritutu Rock. Get the best views of Taranaki from the top of this volcanic outcrop.
5. Pukekura Park. Stroll through this botanical wonderland or relax in a row boat on the lake.
6. Summer Concerts at TSB Bowl of Brooklands. Enjoy a world class concert or festival like WOMAD at this stunning natural amphitheatre.
7. Our Favourite Beaches. Enjoy a game of beach cricket, eat fish and chips, beachcomb, swim, surf or fish on our favourite beaches.
8. Puke Ariki Discover Taranaki’s history, stories and traditions through a range of exhibitions.
9. Powerco Taranaki Garden Spectacular New Zealand's Premier spring festival starring private and public gardens.
10. Summit Climb up Mt Taranaki. A sunrise from the summit of Mt Taranaki offers a view like no other.
11. Round the Mountain Road Trip. Go town hopping around our magnificent mountain by car or bike.
12. Tawhiti Museum and 'Traders & Whalers'. Sample Taranaki’s heritage through uniquely realistic and engaging displays.
13. Dawson Falls. Take a walk to discover the 18m waterfall on the southern slopes of Mount Taranaki.
14. Lake Mangamahoe. Take a picturesque walk or a fun-fuelled mountain bike ride around the lake.
15. Chaddy's Charters. Tour of the Sugar Loaf Marine Reserve in a restored English lifeboat with colourful guide Chaddy.
16. Len Lye's Wind Wand. Watch this iconic 45m tall artwork as it sways on its Coastal Walkway vantage point.
17. Helicopter Flight over Mt Taranaki. See Taranaki’s beloved icon from a new angle with one of the region’s helicopter tours.
18. Stay in a hut on Mt Taranaki. Enjoy an overnight stay with a view high up in Egmont National Park.
19. Coffee at a Coastal Cafe. Grab a coffee or a meal at a one of the handily located cozy coastal cafes.
20. Pukeiti Wander the pathways of this internationally renowned rhododendron garden.
21. Pouakai Zoo. Meet the extensive range of exotic wildlife at this family friendly zoo.
22. Whangamomona. Drive through spectacular scenery to discover the rich history of Whangamomona.
23. Whitebait Fritters in Mokau. Sample a local delicacy - locally caught and locally loved Whitebait fritters
24. Feeding the Ducks at TSB Bowl of Brooklands. Pack a picnic at feed the ducks at this beautiful concert venue.
25. Whitecliffs Walkway. Admire the sea and mountain views from this stunning coastal walkway.
26. Surfing a Taranaki Wave. Paddle out at one of Taranaki’s famous (or not so famous) surf breaks.
27. Govett-Brewster Art Gallery. Enjoy the latest contemporary art ay our internationally acclaimed art museum.
28. Seaside markets. First Sunday of the month; artisan food, coffee, furniture, fashion, homeware, crafts, produce and more.
29. Taranaki Thermal Spa. Soak your body and relax your mind in 29,000 year old mineral water.
30. Todd Energy Aquatic Centre. Enjoy the wave pool, spa and gym or take on the Kamikaze hydro slide.
31. Goblin Forest. Walk through the eerie Goblin Forest in Egmont National Park.
32. Meeting of the Waters. Go swimming or white water kayaking at the point where two rivers meet.
33. Wilkies Pools. Hike up to sample the pristine cooling waters of Wilkies Pools.
34. Cape Egmont Lighthouse. Visit one of New Zealand’s last working lighthouses with a vivid history.
35. Mt Damper Falls. This towering waterfall is a stunning scenic detour from the Forgotten World Highway.
36. Lee Breakwater. Enjoy a family fun day fishing at Port Taranaki
37. Ice Cream from the Iona Dairy. Enjoy super-sized scoops from New Plymouth’s Iona Dairy.
38. Bike down Te Henui Walkway. Hire your mountain bike and helmet from the Top 10 office and explore the Te Henui Walkway.
39. Dam Dropping. Experience the thrill of dropping down the 8 meter dam on the Waingongoro River.
40. Taranaki Pioneer Village. See how Taranaki’s early settlers lived at this recreated pioneer village.
41. Mainland Cheese Bar. Experience one of Eltham’s best kept secrets - cheese fresh from the factory.
42. Mike's Organic Brewery. Discover the taste of an organically produced, truly Taranaki beer.
43. Helicopter Flight to Jurassic Falls. Land beside an isolated waterfall and search for ancient fossils.
44. Farmers Market Taranaki. Enjoy the finest locally grown produce in a vibrant market setting.
45. Singer Songwriters at New Plymouth Little Theatre. Be entertained by Taranaki’s most talented performers on the last Friday of the month.
46. Manaia Kai. Eat fresh bread still warm from the ovens of Yarrows (The Bakers).
47. Urenui Mudflats. Have a mud fight in the mudflats and wash off in the ocean.
48. Strathmore Saddle. Admire the scenery from this vantage point along the Forgotten World Highway.
49. Horse Riding. Enjoy the breathtaking Taranaki backcountry by horseback.
50. Hawera Water Tower. Climb the 215 steps to the top of South Taranaki’s best known landmark.